Monday, October 27, 2003

Midnight Adrenalin Rushes Are Not a Good Thing

Been awhile since I've updated, though I need to be quick, since The Boy is snarking and saying "Ning Ning", which generally means, 'hey ma, pick me up, I'm bored to tears with the Poop Machine (Exersaucer)". Hubby can't really distinguish it from "Nay Nay", which means "hey ma, I want boobie!", but I can tell the difference.

The little guy had his 6 month checkup, and is now 17 lbs, 1 oz., 27.5 inches long, and has a 16.75 inch head circumference. He's not so little anymore...

He always reacts badly to his imunizations, and this time I thought we managed to get lucky, until he woke us up Saturday night after midnigt, screaming in a something-is-really-wrong sort of voice.

My husband's jaw dropped, because kidlet was clearly sobbing "Mommy! Mommy!" He was hypothermic, which scared me enough to wake up the pediatrician. (Also scared me enough to check the accuracy of our digital thermometer, recently stuck up Boy's butt, by wiping it off quickly with alcohol and stuffing it in my mouth... To my husband's very vocal disgust. There is not another living soul I would do that for. But I will admit, I gargled with peroxide after the crisis had passed...)

Since he had no other symptoms, we were told to warm him up, and that the fact that he was ravenously breastfeeding was a good sign... Half an hour later, he was normal, smiling, and playing. And he's been fine since...

I, on the other hand, have been a flashy, panic attacky mess. And I'm not sure why, though its probably the high winds, and the Boy giving me a scare didn't help.

I think I hear a "Nay Nay", so I better go.

No comments: