Friday, October 10, 2003

Entropy IS the Guiding Force in My Life

All hell is breaking loose on many fronts. Some of which I really can't write about, though I desperately need to.

We have had more stress here this week than most people could survive with any vestige of sanity intact. Not sure if we managed to...

My mom and dad came up Monday. On the walk here from the train station, my mom tripped over an uneven patch of sidewalk and split her lip open, bruised her face, hands and knees, and hit her teeth. She refused to go to the emergency room. My dad is afraid she will wind up with abcessed teeth...

He left way too soon, because he is wierd about being away from his dog, and because the triple hernia he insists on walking around with was excruciatingly painful. He bitches at my mom for not seeking medical treatment, while refusing to have simple surgery that would vastly improve his quality of life. That's my family for you!

I missed half his visit because my lawyer called and proceeded to make a scene, while refusing to acknowledge that I had company and could not talk. Same lawyer is the source of most of the stress Kev and I are under. Feh.

I made pesto from scratch on Monday nite for Mom, which was nice. Tuesday did thrift shop shopping with her. Wednesday, we took The Boy to the park (and the beach) for his first time ever. Which was fun except for the very persistent bees and yellow jackets. No stings, but major annoyance.

Hubbie informs me he is sick and can't watch kiddo so I can blog, so I gotta go now. More later...

No comments: