Friday, October 17, 2003

Hurricane's Eye or With Friends Like This...

Well, there is a temporary lull in the storm of craziness we are faced with.

All I can really say about it is, that a person I trusted and valued as a friend has betrayed me and made light of it, and I am hurt beyond measure. I was taking alot of abuse from this person, to try to preserve a long standing friendship. I was too naieve to realize it was already dead.

Then came a full on attack, full of venom and vitriol. Even I can't ignore that in the name of avoiding a confrontation or pretending there's something left to save. It's over.

I sent him a response, saying, thanks for the cruelty. It was LIBERATING.

And it was.

I feel lighter. Free. It is such a relief to be done with his toxic version of friendship.

There's still a little regret, because I looked up to him like a big brother in the good old days.

But the relief outweighs it.

Whew.

I still have to deal with him for a short while to wrap up the loose ends, but then he rides into the sunset and outta my life. There will probably be some drama before the absolute end, but its almost over.

I need some peace.

No comments: