Wednesday, March 03, 2004

Signs of Spring

Today the first crocus is open in my shaggy neglected garden. Spring must be near! I can't wait to be spending more time outdoors. I am deep in the throes of cabin fever and really really need some good weather soon. Of course, it's supposed to be warm for he next coupleof days, but constantly raining...

Kev and I are at odds because of the inevitable arguments that arise when we try to clean up for company. Last night he snarked at me constantly, and considering tomorrow is my trauma aniversary, I thought I was doing an admirable job of not rising to the bait...

As we are getting ready togo to bed, he says: You're such a friiging control freak about [cleaning up] your way.

My response (after biting my tongue): Pot, kettle.

Sigh. The place is still a mess. But my mom is sort of resigned to that by now.

Someday, I would like to be able to have people over without being ashamed of how my house looks. It's not dirty. Just extremely cluttered, and we have so much crap that we have really run out of places to put it. So we basically have the Museum of Junk.

No comments: