Thursday, March 11, 2004

Needy

Oh, my, Mikro's feeling needy. All day yesterday he cried the moment I set him down. I guess we have reached the separation anxiety stage... It doesn't help that he's pulling my hair, pinching and biting constantly...

I hope this is a stage he outgrows rapidly.

I'm starting to think about his first birthday party, which will be next month. (He'll be 11 months next Thursday.) It will probably be a fairly small group, mostly family, and I'm thinking that I'll bake the cake and make baked ziti and eggplant parmagiana (if I get my oven fixed!) We'll see...

He did one super cute thing yesterday, though. I had folded up the sheet that I use as a breastfeeding coverup and left it on the coffee table. While I was in the kitchen making a cup of tea, he pulled it down on the floor, smushed it up into a nest, and lay down on it and fell asleep. Pretty big deal, because he actually went down on his own, without boobie!

I wish I had been able to get to a camera, but I know I would have woken him up trying. And Mikro woken up before he's good and ready is anything but cute!

No comments: