Tuesday, January 13, 2004

In Which I Finally Win One

It seems like, ever since my accident, all I have learned are lessons in getting screwed over, at least in terms of anything relating to the accident. The lawsuit drags on, and the bad guys have used it to torture me for many years now, adding insult to injury as often as they can get away with it. My employer screwed me out of worker's compensation. My private disability insurance company told me I was not badly enough injured to collect, and we couldn't afford to keep paying premiums on something that was, essentialy, useless (turns out I should have fought them, but I was all fought out at the time...), so we cancelled my policy. There's more, but it just makes me angry to think about it.

Today, at long last, something finally went right, and after an appeal, I got approved for SSDI.

Which means that, with my benefits, we may actually be able to make it through a month without dipping into savings or sliding further into debt.

Hallelujiah!

It is good to know that, every once in a while, the system works...

No comments: