Wednesday, September 24, 2003

MAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMAMA!!!

As of Monday night, my little guy is saying Mama. The Dada-ing started over the weekend. Anytime I leave his immediate vicintiy, he yells "Mamamamamama!", so he actually connects it with me.

He also seems to say "nay nay" when he wants to nurse, which is cool, because I never taught it to him. My ever so subtle inquiry is: "Hey, Mikro, want some boobie?"

He's sitting up without support. He can't quite get into a sit himself, but if you plunk him down, he stays plunked. Except when he's really tired, because falling on his face takes less effort...

He's constantly babbling and trying new sounds now. I am pretty sure he said "baby" today. He's been doing bababa for a while now. He also loves to scream at the top of his lungs and vary the pitch.

Did I mention he's just barely five months old?

The Boy scares me. Shades of Doogie Howser...

In other news, he ate some Gerber First Foods mushed banana last night. I poured half a jar on a paper plate to feed him. The little monster grabbed the plate out of my hand, and went for the spoon too. I don't think he has a prayer in the world of feeding himself yet, because I doubt his aim is that good. He can get his hands or thumb to his mouth, no problem, but he flails wildly with utensils and drum sticks and such. After he ate every bit of the bananas, he yelled for more. He ate most of the remainder in the jar, then nursed awhile. He definitely likes to eat. He is constantly snarky when we eat anything, and attempts to grab from our plates. He was more than ready to start solids. I wasn't. Sigh. He is growing up way too fast!

No comments: