Sunday, May 30, 2004

Memorial Day Weekend

We're trying to clean up a bit, in anticipation of my sister in law's family visiting tomorrow. We have too much junk. It's really impossible to get beyond a certain unsatisfactory point in bringing order to the chaos, because there is just no place to put some of it away... So, there are stray books, magazines and DVDs in the oddest places my husband can come up with to hide them...

Mikro's toys are covering the entire living room floor, and there is next to no point in putting them away till the crack of dawn tomorrow, because ten minutes after I do, he will pull them all out again and laugh at me for bothering.

Kevin refers to the process of packing them away as parting the Plastic Sea.

Got the boy puzzles yesterday at the Goodwill, which he is still probably not ready for. Although he did take great joy in turning them over, knocking all the pieces to the floor, and kneading them together like a great big ball of dough. Sorting them back out and putting them back together became daddy's job.

I am beginning to think my son resents the little time he allows me at the computer, because it seems like every time I sit down to blog, he comes up to the baby gate and growls, and then I smell the distinctive odor of baby poop. I swear he times it so he can get me off the computer! Gotta go.

No comments: