Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Long Days

About sums it up.

Mikro is both teething and going through a separation anxiety thing today. I am not allowed to go pee or make tea without hellacious howling from the peanut gallery. It has been an extremely long day. (I've been saying that since 1030 am...)

My neck is horrendously painful, and my dear son is taking great joy in bonking me on the head, attempting to rip my hair out, and climbing on my back, all of which are making the pain worse.

The big dog has diarrhea again, and she's looking to go out every five minutes. I just have to let her out the front door into the yard. Even though he can still see me plainly from behind the baby gate, Boyo screams every time I let the mutt out.

My husband picked tonight to go to his mom's with a buddy, which I begged him to do on a Friday. Because then my 20 hour solo parenting hell would at least be followed by a weekend day when I could get a break... But no, he's gone on a Tuesday, so the 20 hour crabby-boy-athon will be followed tomorrow by a 14 hour redux. Rinse, lather, repeat till Friday. Oh, joy.

I didn't sleep much at all last night, even though I was exhausted from the weekend.

I am feeling really bad because I need to get around to email and comment replies, which I haven't touched since last week... But the five minutes I'm getting to post here may be all my little dictator allows me...

Quick weekend recap-
Saturday saw my psychiatrist. She thinks I'm a weirdo hippy parent. She's my mom's age, so that kind of figures... She definitely doesn't approve of the cosleeping, extended breastfeeding stuff... Also did grocery shopping, went to Goodwill and bought the ever growing weed boy some bigger jeans, and ate at an overpriced Italian place in the next town over that caused me major gastrintestinal unhappiness.

Sunday: made pancakes. Spilled half the batter down my leg and across the kitchen floor. Big dog cleaned up (which explains her aforementioned diarrhea). Waied for my friend A to join us before heading to river front for the local Shad Fest. She called, running late, so we took off and said we'd see her there. Hiked a couple miles with the stroller packed with a picnic lunch. Got to the park and let Mikro watch his first ever puppet show (about the Hudson River Estuary), chased him across the fields, breastfed him under a shady tree in the middle of a huge crowd, gave him a taste of Mr. Softee vanilla ice cream, met A, did the craft booth circuit, spent money, took photos, and hiked home. My feet still hurt.

He's yelling again, so that's it for mama's computer time.

No comments: