Monday, August 30, 2004

Time Travel of a Sort

Feels like I have travelled back in time to the fourteenth century... or at least the early 1980s. I've just spent two weeks without access to a computer, while staying at my parent's place. They see no need whatsoever for modern technology. I have definitely had withdrawal like symptoms. At one point I even called my husband and demanded that he read me the latest entry from one of my blog buddies.

All I can say is, I am really really really glad to be back home, feeling like I inhabit the current decade again! (And that I am once again being treated like an adult, not a teenager, as my parents seem to still think I am!) The Boy is definitely missing the grand-parental spoiling, but I am glad to be in my own space, under my own house rules, once again!

We are winning the flea war, but it isn't over yet... I think we need the yard sprayed. Term!nix sucks. It takes them nearly a week to return phonecalls, and days longer to show up, contract notwithstanding! And then they do a half assed job. At least that's my experience. Next time I sure as hell am not prepaying the two year contract in advance! They seem to think since they got their money, they are free to blow us off. Asshats.

No comments: