Sunday, December 07, 2003

We are Lazy Slugs

We haven't left the house all weekend, and yet, the sink is full of dishes, the laundry isn't started; in short, nothing got done. We watched Pirates of the Carribean, and sat around talking and playing with the Boy.

We were just talking about Master & Commander again, and remembered this:

At some point, there were loud, very shrill whistles going on, and I turned to Kev and asked: Uh, is that a bosun's pipe, or the Boy? (Which gives you an idea of the amazing high pitch and ear-piercing quality Mikro's screeching attains...)

Kev's response: Ya know, I'm not sure...

Turns out, it was an on-screen bosun's whistle.

Ha! Kev just dragged the laundry downstairs and is throwing a load in. Then he (far more ambitious soul than I, today) is hiking to the supermarket to pick up the absolute essentials. Mikro is in the swing upstairs, soundly blissfully asleep.

I'm going to steal this rare bit of time to myself to make a cup of tea and call my girlfriends.

No comments: