Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Family Drama, Continued and Thanksgiving Blessings

My Mom came up on Saturday afternoon, and stayed till Tuesday afternoon. She is absolutely crazy in love with her grandson. She spoiled him rotten, and drove me a little crazy, because she gets hyper-anxious any time the boy cries. So I have two people to worry about and try to comfort, rather than one. Nevertheless, she is a cool gramma, and I am so glad she came.

My Dad is not speaking to her, because she had the nerve to go through with her plans to visit, even though he was having dental problems. Had she stayed home there is nothing she could have done to help with his teeth, except listen to him bitch and moan. Which is apparently what he wanted. He's pissed she left him alone and in pain. She's pissed he acts like such a big baby, and is jealous of a seven month old...

So, it is gonna be a chilly holiday at their place tomorrow....

Sunday night, my MIL announced she was going to come here for Turkey Day after all. Monday I went out and bought a ton of food. Last night, she cancelled again...

So, its jst gonna be me, Kev and Mikro, watching the parade on TV and relaxing and stuffing ourselves with too much food, and feeling sad that Mikro's grandparents won't be here. But that is their choice. And I am going to make the best of the day for our little nuclear family despite it.

Obviously, at the top of my list of things to be thankful for is my healthy, happy, adorable little boy. And his Daddy.

My Mom called last night and asked to talk to Kev. Last time that happened they were asking his permission to give me a dog (which they had already bought). So I really wondered if I was getting a GSD puppy to train for service dog work, given my dog's medical retirement.

Nope.

She just wanted to tell my husband that she thinks he is a wonderful father, and how good he is for her daughter, and that he is on her list of Thanksgiving blessings.

How cool is that?

In case I don't get online tomorrow, I just want to wish everyone a happy and healthy Thanksgiving, and to say that I am so very thankful for the wonderful friends I have, online and off!

Now off to de-crankify Mikro...

No comments: