Wednesday, November 19, 2003

But I'm Doing Much Better Now...

Anyone remember John Astin's character on Night Court? As Judge Harry's wacky father, whose tag line is my title...

Things are much saner, although today the forecast is a return to windstorms, so who knows how I will be later. Right now its pouring rain, and my two silly dogs have a thing about getting their dainty paws wet, and won't walk on the grass. Being country dogs, they absolutely won't go on concrete, so I had to stand out there, getting soaked, until I could persuade them that wet feet would not be fatal.... I am dripping on my keyboard.

Mikro is much much better. He's not constantly in teething distress. The bottom two teeth are fully extruded up through the gums now, and actually look like teeth. The tops are still bugging him, but it isn't non stop. We did the washcloth thing, which helped. He also got some relief from gnawing on the stage one infant toothbrush (the thing that looks like a blue rubber asparagus spear). I will give the frozen bagels a shot next time, since I never managed to get to the store to pick some up this go-round.

As to the beloved teething keys -- We got them back.

Restrain me, someone, so I do not strangle my husband, but it turns out they weren't really missing.

They were not in the 99 places I looked.

They were in the one fricking place I asked him to look.

ARGH!

So, while my friend never bothered to look for them or call me back, which irks me severely, my husband is the true villain of the piece, for being a typical male unable to competently find anything without female assistance.

I am an idiot for not double checking where he looked myself.

After all, I know when I ask him to get something out of the fridge, his general response is "It's not in there," if it is not directly front and center.

Anything that isn't so obvious that he will trip over it (actually, sometimes even stuff he has actually tripped over) is strangely invisible. He and my dad both suffer from what I call Male Pattern Blindness. If actual effort is involved, they don't see it, so it isn't there. (Yet this is a guy who can tell where his bullets hit a target set up 50 feet away...)

So, three days of insane infant were totally unnecessary!

If it weren't for the fact that he is otherwise the most amazing daddy to Mikro (and he is kinda cute), I could have cheerfully strangled him.

In other news...

Mikro was seven months old yesterday. I'll be posting a new entry and some pictures to his baby blog later tonight, once I can get dear spouse to download the digital camera, which is currrently riding around on his belt...

No comments: