Wednesday, July 30, 2003

Progress? And Driving Anxiety

The idiot appraiser has been replaced. So now we have an appointment with a more expensive, but seemingly competent outfit for Friday morning.

I am still trying to figure out how I am supposed to travel across the state by public transportation with a three month old for a closing. Things we didn't even think about when I was pregnant and this whole refinancing ball got rolling.

One of us has got to grow guts and become a driver. I have my license, but have not driven in over eight years, due to the PTSD and not being able to get my head to turn all the way right so I can see to change lanes... My husband, a city kid all the way, never bothered to learn... So here we are, parents, living in suburbia, and completely dependent upon car service. Makes me feel less than responsible. But the prospect of essentially relearning to drive with an infant in the car is terrifying!

So, bodies at rest tend to continue at rest and all that. I'm not setting any speed records trying to get back behind the wheel. But I recognize that I will probably eventually have to do it.

Sigh.

No comments: