Monday, December 20, 2004

Mikro-isms

Mikro is not exceptionally verbal. He has some words, but he babbles constantly in what seems like a language Kevin and I do not understand. He points, he grabs, he pulls up my shirt, and he growls. We try to get him to repeat words, but he's not real interested. The words he does have, he uses correctly, in context, and sometimes in new and surprising but proper ways. He says: mama, dada, baby, dog, car, this ("siss"), back (as in throw the ball back), dizzy ("deezee")(when he spins around), yum yum (yogurt), nay nay (boobie), numi numi (boobie) and mina mina me (boobie NOW!), and, of course, NO!

Today as he was boobie-ing on the couch, the cat jumped up and tried to get my attention. I figured, maybe this is an opportunity to teach Mikro to say "kitty" (which we have tried before, without any success.) So I pet Titan and say enthusiastically "Kitty! Look, Mikro, this is the kitty!" Mikro watches the cat, gets an evil gleam in his eye, pops off, and lunges for the kitty, who is quicker. So Titan high tails it, and Mikro smiles at me and says, clear as a bell, "Meow, meow!"

Of course, he still won't say "kitty"...

No comments: